18.42 | Posted in





If you're running a home-based business, you need to be especially conscious of the image your home-based business is presenting to potential customers and/or clients.

The professional environment you work in (live in) is often seen by clients if your business is also your " meet and greet" area; that is if you see your clients in your home office or studio. How they perceive you and your business is reflected in how your home office appears.

An untidy desk, unrelated business clutter, uncomfortable atmosphere, children or pets roaming in or out, all reflect a look of unprofessionalism. Of course it depends on the business you are in. (Children and pets may be fine if you're operating a day care or pet sitting service). As a professional dressmaker, my clients need to feel comfortable and confident; they need to trust I can do the job they require of me.






Plenty of room to park outside, an area for consultation displaying my past work and any accolades received are some of the things I like to offer, things that make sure my home-based business has a business look. These often tell a story about who I am without lengthy discussion. A room decor befitting the "Wedding work" I do, adds to the professional appearance I want them to perceive.

In other words, the atmosphere outside and inside your home office tells a story about you and your business too. The customer is the most important part of your business and they need to feel confident about hiring you. Let your surroundings tell a story for you.

Category:
��

Comments

0 responses to "Emphasize In Home-Based Business"